Liquid N2 Cryo Surgery
Liquid N2 Cryosurgery is a type of surgery that is used to treat a number of diseases and disorders especially benign (non cancerous) and malignant (infectious) skin conditions.
Cryosurgery is a less invasive procedure which is safe and effective with minimal pain and scarring.
How is this procedure done?
This procedure involves the use of extremely cold liquid or an instrument called a cryoprobe to freeze and destroy abnormal or diseased tissues.
Substances such as liquid nitrogen, liquid nitrous oxide or compressed argon gas are used to cool the cryoprobe. This procedure is also called cryoablation or cryotherapy.
Cryosurgery is used to treat a number of diseases and disorders especially benign (non cancerous) and malignant (infectious) skin conditions. A few are mentioned below:
- Warts: These are usually small, rough and hard growths which are almost similar to the normal skin and are non cancerous in nature.
- Moles: Also known as nevus is a visible circumscribed chronic lesion of the skin or mucosa. This could also be a birthmark.
- Skin tag: Also known as acrochordon is a small benign tumor which are usually formed on the skin areas of neck, armpit and groin, face or eyelids
- Molluscum contagiosum: Also known as warts, is a viral infection of the skin that may result in small raised pink lesions.
- Acne: Also known as acne vulgaris, is a long-term skin condition that occurs when dead skin cells and oil from the skin clog hair follicles.
- Seborrheic keratosis: This is a non cancerous skin tumor that originates from the cells, namely keratinocytes.
Is Cryosurgery painful?
Only a moderate pain will be experienced during this procedure.
Is Cryosurgery a risky procedure?
Cryosurgery is less risky compared to other treatments such as surgery or radiation.
What are the side effects of Cryosurgery?
Cryosurgery may cause blistering and edema and may include any of the following side effects:
- Skin discolouration
- Blisters etc.
How long does a cryosurgery last?
Cryosurgery procedure usually takes 10 minutes to complete.
How long does cryosurgery results last?
Cryosurgery results are long-lasting and permanent as long as you maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Liquid N2 Cryo Surgery